Volunteer with BRIT
Volunteers are special people. At BRIT, volunteers provide a valued resource of talent and enthusiasm. We encourage our volunteers to pursue their interests, contribute their skills, and take advantage of the opportunities to learn and grow both personally and professionally. We strive to offer each volunteer a satisfying, productive, and rewarding experience - as well as cold AC, free coffee, famous botanists, a free T-shirt and plenty of smiles.
We are seeking qualified individuals for opportunities in the departments listed below:
Applications for the 2014 summer program will be accepted through 5 pm on May 9, 2014. BRIT will select a few teens to be a part of this exciting new program. The number of junior volunteers selected will be dependent on how many applications we receive, how many departments participate and the qualifications of the applicants.
Whether you are interested in the scientific or education fields or you would like to be part of an organization that connects people to plants, being a junior volunteer at BRIT offers a very rewarding experience. If you will be between 14-18 years old by June 1, 2014, you should consider volunteering at BRIT.
Junior Volunteer requirements:
· 14-18 years old by June 1, 12014
· Available during normal work hours of Monday-Friday 9-5 and the First Saturday of the month from 8-1
· Completion of Jr Volunteer application and background check
· Must be willing to commit to a minimum of 30 hours completed in the ten week summer session
· Attend orientation
· Maintain BRIT high standards while volunteering
Applications for the 2014 summer program must be received no later than 5 pm on May 9, 2014.
After a review of qualifications, the final decision process will occur. Those selected as Junior volunteers will be notified by email by May 19, 2014.
Thank you for choosing BRIT for the gift of your time!
Jr. volunteer application (pdf)
How to Apply
To become a part of a growing and vital volunteer community at BRIT:
1. Download and complete a volunteer application (pdf) and the background verification release form (pdf) or
2. For more information, please contact Julie Donovan, Director of Volunteers and Visitor Relations 817.546.1846 or jdonovan@BRIT.org.