Come join GROW Girl for a fun, hands-on family hike every second and fourth Saturday of the month! Each family receives a botanist backpack to use during their hike filled with scientific tools. Work together to complete activities while GROW Girl guides you through a different part of the Fort Worth Botanic Garden each month! This program lasts for 1 hour and each hike is about a ½ mile long. There will be tons to discover so come and GROW with us! This location is ADA accessible. You do not need to register for this event.
- Time: 10 AM - 11 AM
- Dates: April 25
- Parking: Botanic Garden Welcome Center (Free)
- Hike Location: Perennial Garden
- Tram Drop-Off Location: Circle drive by Backyard Veggie Garden
- Pricing: Free to the public! (includes garden admission)
- No registration required. Check-in with a GROW teammate at hike location.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: Please enter through the Garden Center (Welcome Center) and let the front desk know you are there for GROW Family Hike. There will be a free tram service to transport you and your family to this program! We recommend arriving 15-20 minutes early to account for tram transportation time.
*No programs in July, December, January, & February.*
About GROWing Together
ALL EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS AND VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES ARE SUSPENDED THROUGH April 22nd OR UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
To ensure the safety of our volunteers and guests, all educational programming and volunteer opportunities, including Butterflies in the Garden, are suspended through April 22nd or until further notice. If the situation allows, we will reschedule programs for a later date. If you have questions or concerns, please email the following:
- Volunteer Opportunities: email@example.com
- Adult Education & Field Study Trips: Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Children & Families, Homeschool, Girl Scouts, Butterflies in the Garden Special Programming: Rachel at email@example.com
Our programs may be suspended, but the learning never stops! Follow this link for online resources from the GROW Education team.
With both the Fort Worth Botanic Gardens and the Botanical Research Institute of Texas as educational resources, GROW offers hands-on, nature-based educational programming to local families. For this season, Seedlings and Little Sprouts are back in the Garden, and don’t forget about Bella’s Book & Nature Club and Bella’s Saturday Story Time at BRIT. We are also offering Family Exploration Saturdays! Come and GROW with us!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our "GROW Family Events" direct mail list.