Come join GROW Girl for a fun, hands-on family hike every second and fourth Saturday of the month! Each family receives a botanist backpack to use during their hike filled with scientific tools. Work together to complete activities while GROW Girl guides you through a different part of the Fort Worth Botanic Garden each month! This program lasts for 1 hour and each hike is about a ½ mile long. There will be tons to discover so come and GROW with us! This location is ADA accessible. You do not need to register for this event.
- Time: 10 AM - 11 AM
- Dates: March dates cancelled
- Parking: Botanic Garden Welcome Center (Free)
- Hike Location: Lower Rose Garden & Lower Rock Springs Garden
- Tram Drop-Off Location: Shelter House
- Pricing: Free to the public! (includes garden admission)
- No registration required. Check-in with a GROW teammate at hike location.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: Please enter through the Garden Center (Welcome Center) and let the front desk know you are there for GROW Family Hike. There will be a free tram service to transport you and your family to this program! We recommend arriving 15-20 minutes early to account for tram transportation time.
*March 14 is cancelled due to weather.
All educational programs are suspended through April 15th. If the situation allows, we will reschedule programs for a later date. If you have questions or concerns about this program, please email Rachel at email@example.com
*No programs in July, December, January, & February.*
About GROWing Together
ALL ONSITE EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS ARE SUSPENDED THROUGH JULY 31st OR UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
If the situation allows, we will reschedule programs for a later date. In the meantime, follow this link for online classes and activities from the GROW Education team. If you have questions or concerns, please email the following:
- Volunteer Opportunities: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adult Education & Field Study Trips: Michelle at email@example.com
- Children & Families, Homeschool, Girl Scouts, Butterflies in the Garden Special Programming: Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org
With both the Fort Worth Botanic Gardens and the Botanical Research Institute of Texas as educational resources, GROW offers hands-on, nature-based educational programming to local families. For this season, Seedlings and Little Sprouts are back in the Garden, and don’t forget about Bella’s Book & Nature Club and Bella’s Saturday Story Time at BRIT. We are also offering Family Exploration Saturdays! Come and GROW with us!
Email email@example.com to be added to our "GROW Family Events" direct mail list.