Position Purpose The purpose of this position is to provide early childhood outreach for BRIT’s early childhood, Bella program. This position is primarily responsible for delivery of a successful preschool science and literacy program piloted by BRIT.
- Build relationships with teachers, administrators, childcare providers, and community partners.
- Deliver the Bella preschool curriculum at multiple community venues and classrooms.
- Assist as needed in the delivery of professional development for teachers and childcare providers.
- Participate in Family Engagement Activities.
- Assist in implementing the appropriate evaluation tools associated with the program including data collection and reporting on programs facilitated.
- Assist in the delivery of Bella grant Field Study Trips at BRIT.
Supervisory Responsibility None
Position Type, Expected Hours of Work, Travel
This part-time position will require up to four hours of work on scheduled workdays. This includes preparation and breakdown time of the program, travel time, facilitating program and recording program data.
This position operates in a classroom and outdoor setting, allowing for student exploration.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift 25 lbs. or less and move supplies to needed areas. The employee is required to be prepared for all weather conditions.
Required Education and Experience
- Early Childhood experience and/or certification
- Degree in Early Childhood or Elementary Education, or pre-service teachers working toward a degree are encouraged to apply
Preferred Education and Experience
- Early Childhood/Elementary Degree
- Two years’ experience working in formal or informal early childhood settings
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Energetic team-oriented person
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal skills
- A love for the outdoors
- Flexible and able to work with minimal supervision
- Punctual and Reliable
BRIT is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. See Employee Handbook for detailed policy.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to meet the
- Participate jointly with supervisor and area director in the employee development process by determining individual outcomes, working to develop and accomplish individual measurable indicators, and contributing to achievement of organizational measurable indicators and outcomes.
- Demonstrates commitment to BRIT by participating in meetings, collaborating with others, contributing skills and abilities to teams, and meeting or exceeding team expectations.
- Follows the BRIT Norms: Step Up, Step Back, Solution Minded, Respect, Assume Positive Intent, Be Engaged.
- Consistently utilizes institutional processes and follows policies and procedures, i.e. meeting deadlines, following project processes, adhering to reporting requirements, completing required forms, documenting work hours and projects, publishing work results, etc.
- Makes communication a priority by clearly sharing information; producing quality written communications; contributing to knowledge sharing such as mentoring others and writing public articles for leaflet, website, and publications; interfacing with others in a professional and respectful manner.
- Performs job duties and meets expectations of supervisor and directors including completing tasks, following directions, using time wisely, etc.
How To Apply
Please submit resumes to email@example.com.