JBRIT: Current Issue
Online Access for Digital Subscriptions
BRIT Press strives to make botanical research accessible to all. For that reason, our publishing model supports open access to all articles for the first 6 months after initial publication (or until the next issue is released). Our non-profit journal, however, is supported entirely by page charges and subscription fees. Keeping page charges at a reasonable level is dependent upon maintaining our subscriptions.
If you enjoy the content found in Journal of the Botanical Research Institute of Texas, please consider supporting us through a personal subscription.
Journal of the Botanical Research Institute of Texas
J. Bot. Res. Inst. Texas, volume 13, number 2 (issn 1934-5259)
Publication date: 31 Oct 2019
Copyright (c) 2019 Botanical Research Institute of Texas
Table of Contents
Clicking on any of the articles or book review titles below will link you to a pdf file. The articles are presented as low-resolution pdfs, intended for digital-device reading. Articles with high-resolution pdfs are open access and labeled as "Open Access." The print versions as seen in the journal are at high/full resolution.
A new iridescent corticolous myxomycete species (Licea: Liceaceae: Liceales) and crystals on American elm tree bark in Texas, U.S.A. [Open Access]
Harold W. Keller and Vanessa M. Marshall—367
Miconia elaeagnoides: A morphologically distinctive species within the Caribbean clade of Miconia (Melastomataceae: Miconieae [Open Access]
Walter S. Judd and Lucas C. Majure—387
Strombothelya gen. nov., a fossil angiosperm with two species in mid-Cretaceous Myanmar amber
George O. Poinar, Jr. and Kenton L. Chambers—451
Tropidogyne lobodisca sp. nov., a third species of the genus from mid-Cretaceous Myanmar amber
George O. Poinar, Jr. and Kenton L. Chambers—461
Zygadelphus aetheus gen. et sp. nov., an unusual fossil flower from mid-Cretaceous Myanmar amber
George O. Poinar, Jr. and Kenton L. Chambers—467
Exalloanthum, a new name for a fossil angiosperm flower in Myanmar amber
George O. Poinar, Jr.—475
STRUCTURE & DEVELOPMENT
What are the “sticky rings” on stems of Anulocaulis and related taxa (Nyctaginaceae) from arid regions?
Israel Lopes da Cunha Neto, Veronica Angyalossy, and Norman A. Douglas—477
FLORISTICS, ECOLOGY, & CONSERVATION
La familia Schlegeliaceae en el occidente de México
Ramón Cuevas Guzmán, Enrique V. Sánchez Rodríguez, Ana P. del Castillo Batista, José Gpe. Morales Arias, Nora M. Núñez López, & Saúl Moreno Gómez—487
Claytonia perfoliata (Montiaceae) newly reported in Arkansas, U.S.A. [Open Access]
Adam C. Schneider—495
A floristic inventory of the Holmes Avenue Tract (Highlands County), Florida, U.S.A. [Open Access]
George J. Wilder, Jean M. McCollom, and Nancy J. Bissett—499
Floristic survey of vascular plants in Crawford and Cherokee counties in southeastern Kansas, U.S.A. [Open Access]
Samantha Young Pryer, Neil Snow, and John Kartesz—545
In Memoriam: Neil Arthur Harriman (1 August 1938–7 December 2018)
Colleagues and Friends of Neil Harriman—595
In Memoriam: Donald Lavern Hazlett (3 September 1949–5 January 2019)
Marta E. Hazlett—599
- Exalloanthum Poinar, nom. nov.—475
- Exalloanthum burmense Poinar, comb. nov.—475
- Licea iridescens H.W. Keller & V.M. Marshall, sp. nov.—377
- Psammisia costeroides (Sleumer) Luteyn, comb. nov.—424
- Strombothelya Poinar & K.L. Chambers, gen. nov.—452
- Strombothelya grammogyna Poinar & K.L. Chambers, sp. nov.—454
- Strombothelya monostyla Poinar & K.L. Chambers, sp. nov.—452
- Tropidogyne lobodisca Poinar & K.L. Chambers, sp. nov.—462
- Zygadelphus Poinar & K.L. Chambers, gen. nov.—468
- Zygadelphus aetheus Poinar & K.L. Chambers, sp. nov.—468
BOOK REVIEWS, NOTICES, AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
- *View* A.E. Bessette, A.R. Bessette, & D.P. Lewis. 2019. Mushrooms of the Gulf Coast States: A Field Guide to Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida. P. 450.
- *View* E. Crowell. 2019. Barton Creek. P. 474.
- *View* B.R. Chapman & W.I. Lutterschmidt, eds. 2019. Texans on the Brink: Threatened and Endangered Animals. P. 486.
- *View* R.W. Doughty & M. Warnock Turner. 2019. Unnatural Texas?: The Invasive Species Dilemma. P. 544.
- *View* S.S. Merchant, W. Gruissem, and D. Ort, eds. 2019. Annual Review of Plant Biology, Volume 70. P. 498.
- *View* 2020 Applications for the Delzie Demaree Travel Award. P. 592.
RECENT BRIT PRESS RELEASES
- *View* R. Spellenberg & N. Zucker. 2019. The Sunflower Family: A Guide to the Family Asteraceae in the Contiguous United States. P. 592.
- *View* G. Poinar Jr. 2019. A Naturalist's Guide to Plant Communities of Pacific Northwest Dune Forests and Wetlands. P. 594.
- *View* J.S. Stanley, A. Krings, J.M. Stucky, & R.R. Braham. 2019. Guide to the Vascular Flora of Picture Creek Diabase Barrens, Granville County, North Carolina, U.S.A. P. 594.