JBRIT: Current Issue
BRIT Press strives to make botanical research accessible to all. For that reason, our publishing model supports open access to all articles for the first 6 months after initial publication (or until the next issue is released). Our non-profit journal, however, is supported entirely by page charges and subscription fees. Keeping page charges at a reasonable level is dependent upon maintaining our subscriptions.
If you enjoy the content found in Journal of the Botanical Research Institute of Texas, please consider supporting us through a personal subscription.
Journal of the Botanical Research Institute of Texas
J. Bot. Res. Inst. Texas, volume 13, number 2 (issn 1934-5259)
Publication date: 31 Oct 2019
Copyright (c) 2019 Botanical Research Institute of Texas
Table of Contents
Clicking on any of the articles or book review titles below will link you to a pdf file. The articles are presented as low-resolution pdfs, intended for digital-device reading. Articles with high-resolution pdfs are open access and labeled as "Open Access." The print versions as seen in the journal are at high/full resolution.
A new iridescent corticolous myxomycete species (Licea: Liceaceae: Liceales) and crystals on American elm tree bark in Texas, U.S.A. [Open Access]
Harold W. Keller and Vanessa M. Marshall—367
Miconia elaeagnoides: A morphologically distinctive species within the Caribbean clade of Miconia (Melastomataceae: Miconieae [Open Access]
Walter S. Judd and Lucas C. Majure—387
Strombothelya gen. nov., a fossil angiosperm with two species in mid-Cretaceous Myanmar amber
George O. Poinar, Jr. and Kenton L. Chambers—451
Tropidogyne lobodisca sp. nov., a third species of the genus from mid-Cretaceous Myanmar amber
George O. Poinar, Jr. and Kenton L. Chambers—461
Zygadelphus aetheus gen. et sp. nov., an unusual fossil flower from mid-Cretaceous Myanmar amber
George O. Poinar, Jr. and Kenton L. Chambers—467
Exalloanthum, a new name for a fossil angiosperm flower in Myanmar amber
George O. Poinar, Jr.—475
STRUCTURE & DEVELOPMENT
What are the “sticky rings” on stems of Anulocaulis and related taxa (Nyctaginaceae) from arid regions?
Israel Lopes da Cunha Neto, Veronica Angyalossy, and Norman A. Douglas—477
FLORISTICS, ECOLOGY, & CONSERVATION
La familia Schlegeliaceae en el occidente de México
Ramón Cuevas Guzmán, Enrique V. Sánchez Rodríguez, Ana P. del Castillo Batista, José Gpe. Morales Arias, Nora M. Núñez López, & Saúl Moreno Gómez—487
Claytonia perfoliata (Montiaceae) newly reported in Arkansas, U.S.A. [Open Access]
Adam C. Schneider—495
A floristic inventory of the Holmes Avenue Tract (Highlands County), Florida, U.S.A. [Open Access]
George J. Wilder, Jean M. McCollom, and Nancy J. Bissett—499
Floristic survey of vascular plants in Crawford and Cherokee counties in southeastern Kansas, U.S.A. [Open Access]
Samantha Young Pryer, Neil Snow, and John Kartesz—545
In Memoriam: Neil Arthur Harriman (1 August 1938–7 December 2018)
Colleagues and Friends of Neil Harriman—595
In Memoriam: Donald Lavern Hazlett (3 September 1949–5 January 2019)
Marta E. Hazlett—599
- Exalloanthum Poinar, nom. nov.—475
- Exalloanthum burmense Poinar, comb. nov.—475
- Licea iridescens H.W. Keller & V.M. Marshall, sp. nov.—377
- Psammisia costeroides (Sleumer) Luteyn, comb. nov.—424
- Strombothelya Poinar & K.L. Chambers, gen. nov.—452
- Strombothelya grammogyna Poinar & K.L. Chambers, sp. nov.—454
- Strombothelya monostyla Poinar & K.L. Chambers, sp. nov.—452
- Tropidogyne lobodisca Poinar & K.L. Chambers, sp. nov.—462
- Zygadelphus Poinar & K.L. Chambers, gen. nov.—468
- Zygadelphus aetheus Poinar & K.L. Chambers, sp. nov.—468
BOOK REVIEWS, NOTICES, AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
- *View* A.E. Bessette, A.R. Bessette, & D.P. Lewis. 2019. Mushrooms of the Gulf Coast States: A Field Guide to Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida. P. 450.
- *View* E. Crowell. 2019. Barton Creek. P. 474.
- *View* B.R. Chapman & W.I. Lutterschmidt, eds. 2019. Texans on the Brink: Threatened and Endangered Animals. P. 486.
- *View* R.W. Doughty & M. Warnock Turner. 2019. Unnatural Texas?: The Invasive Species Dilemma. P. 544.
- *View* S.S. Merchant, W. Gruissem, and D. Ort, eds. 2019. Annual Review of Plant Biology, Volume 70. P. 498.
- *View* 2020 Applications for the Delzie Demaree Travel Award. P. 592.
RECENT BRIT PRESS RELEASES
- *View* R. Spellenberg & N. Zucker. 2019. The Sunflower Family: A Guide to the Family Asteraceae in the Contiguous United States. P. 592.
- *View* G. Poinar Jr. 2019. A Naturalist's Guide to Plant Communities of Pacific Northwest Dune Forests and Wetlands. P. 594.
- *View* J.S. Stanley, A. Krings, J.M. Stucky, & R.R. Braham. 2019. Guide to the Vascular Flora of Picture Creek Diabase Barrens, Granville County, North Carolina, U.S.A. P. 594.